Monday, March 2, 2009

"Ohhh . . . FLU!"

I know, 'flu' isn't a swear word, but it sure feels like it should be. We have had the most nasty virus at our house the last week. We are so steamrolled it isn't even funny. Brett, of the excessively sturdy immune system, is still feeling awful even on day seven. I, of the correspondingly excessively crappy immune system, doesn't find that comforting since I'm only on day four!

The kids have been sick, too, but not as bad as their parents. We're holding our breath hoping that our aged bodies just didn't deal with it as well as their sprightly forms. What we're really afraid of is that they have another milder bug as a preview to catching this nasty, cursed thing that we have.

I think Brett will have to abandon any time goals he had for the half marathon on Saturday. Crossing the finish line will pretty much be a huge victory in and of itself. As for the 5k I was going to run the weekend after . . . only if someone drags me with a four wheeler. Hey, maybe that is an idea! It couldn't make me feel worse than I already do!!

Happy Health,
Love,
Brett and Kim

1 comment:

The Chamberlain Family said...

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear you caught the bug. I know it is going around and I am just praying we dont get it over here. THere is nothing worse than throwing up.