Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Best Present Ever


As an early present for my 40th birthday, Brett surprised me by flying in my best friend Meredith for a girls weekend.

I knew he was up to something and had a few guesses, but I wasn't sure until I saw her walk down the ramp at the airport. And, as her husband Marc predicted, I cried. (But only a little!)


It was the coolest present EVER! What a treat to be able to spend some time with Meredith here in Spokane. She's never seen my house or the beautiful area that we live in. So, we toured around and talked and talked.





We met at Northwest College in Powell, WY, where we had mutual friends, but didn't really interact a lot. Then, the last week of school we sat in the lobby of our dorm and started talking and a bond was suddenly formed in that hour that has lasted more than twenty years. We went on to be roommates at BYU. We have always understood each other perfectly and completely. She is a great blessing in my life.



I have a wonderful husband who thought of the idea, kept in secret, executed the whole plan AND took care of the kids for the entire weekend so we could play. Meredith also has a wonderful husband, Marc, who agreed to the whole crazy plan and took care of their four children while Mere was away. (Did I mention that Marc and I used to be 'married'? We were the Mom and Dad of our FHE group at BYU. Much to his Mom's dismay, he introduced me as his 'Ex-wife' at their wedding breakfast!) Yep. They're both keepers.

No comments: