Friday, January 14, 2011

Bits and Pieces


Natalie in the Fall

How'd her legs get so long?

One of the things I love about school starting in September is that I get some good one-on-one time with whichever little ones happen to be home. I spent this September morning playing outside with Natalie.


I have to be honest. Sometimes her adventurous spirit scares me. She begged and begged to be put into the tree. It didn't bother me until . . .

She decided to try it without hands!


Uncle Kurt


September also brought a visit from my brother Kurt and his wife Linda. Natalie and Cameron quickly claimed them as their own.

Kurt was a good sport


Carousels = Kiddie Magic

The 'B.'s' Knee(s)

Brett after knee surgery in December to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee. (You are required to notice my new craft project, the framed advent calendar in the background, because: 1) I am so NOT crafty; 2) because it took so darned long to do; and 3) because it turned out pretty darned cute.)



"He was practically an Elf-cicle!"

Elise had her first speaking part in a school play. She made a very cute reindeer and delivered her funny lines to laughter.



Elise's 8th Birthday Party


Cute girls. Painting pottery. Presents. Cake. How can you go wrong? You can forget to take a group picture until after some of your guests have already left.

(Drat!)


Gingerbread Houses

Love, love, LOVE this tradition at Cameron's kindergarten. Every December they have a 'Gingerbread House with Dad' party. So much fun! Cam was so proud of his creation. We thought Brett was going to miss it because of a scheduled business trip to New York, which was eventually vetoed by his doctor as being too soon after his knee surgery. Whew!



Arrow of Light

December turned out to be an extremely busy month for us. One of the things on the calendar was Max's Arrow of Light ceremony, which, because of an odd series of events, was held six months after he had actually EARNED his Arrow of Light. He was a little too anxious to get through the congratulating crowd to pause for the sake of a picture.



Natalie Turns Three and Mom's Big Cake Mistake

I DARE you to wish me a Happy Birthday!

Natalie had a much better birthday than the picture shows. She was delighted with the birthday hat, the presents, the candles and the . . . (cough). . . the cake. Oh, the cake! I hang my head in shame.

On the way to the table to light the candles, I turned a little too quickly and discovered that cakes, unlike cats, do not always land right side up.


Yep. We flipped it back over, ran a spatula across the top and served it anyway. Natalie didn't mind and we all got a good laugh over the silliness of it all. Happy Birthday to our little princess.



Max in Heaven (or at least the Attic)


I just don't know anyone but Max who could be so excited about climbing into an attic to lay insulation. His enormous enthusiasm for the project was amusing, if bewildering. His grandparents and their heating bill were grateful for his assistance.

No comments: