Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Windermere Half Marathon 2011

Brett ran his third consecutive Windermere Half-Marathon in May. He did a great job running and I was very proud of him. Keeping in shape to run this distance is time consuming and difficult, both mentally and physically. Added to that is the fact that he was running injured prior to his knee surgery in December, followed by a six week recovery period with no running at all. I'm not sure I could have come back from that, especially in that amount of time. Then again, I'm pretty much a wuss.


Two other fun things:

A bunch of other people I knew were running and I got to take pictures of them as well. Among them were my friends Emily and Shannan, who carpooleed with us for the race. Great photography lesson from Shannan's bright shirt: she was always easy to find in the huge crowds of runners. Next year, Brett won't be wearing a black shirt.

Add ImageFun thing number two: The reaction my BYU ball cap got while I was taking pictures on the sidelines. Lots and lots of "Go Cougars" "Yeah, BYU" and "Rise and Shout" comments from total strangers running the race. One was from a stringy old guy with a bare chest and hair (a wig?) halfway down his back. It made me wonder just how many other LDS runners were entered in this one.

No comments: